PRICES & INFORMATION FOR THE Jazz-MASTERCLASS 2019
295 € | 1. May 2019*
325 € | 1. June 2019*
355 € | 20. July 2019*
*With complete application until this date.
Individual lessons: + 280 € | Payment by 30th August 2019 at the latest
Ensemble: + 380 € | Payment by 30th August 2019 at the latest
Additional fee after the confirmation of active participation.
- Private accommodation free of charge.
- 3 hours of lessons with piano accompaniment (only active participants).
- The opportunity to perform in one of the two student concerts (only active participants).
- Daily lunch provided in the Mensa.
- Access to listen to all master classes given throughout the duration of the festival.
- Access to all concerts given throughout the duration of the festival.
1. Fill out the online-form. Do not forget to specify the links to your recordings and upload your photo.
2. Transfer your registration fee. Applications without payment until July 1st, 2019 can not be considered.
3. Notice of admission to active or passive participation will be sent by e-mail until August 1st, 2019.
For the calculation of the fees (early bird or normal) the date of receipt of all documents and the registration fee is decisive. This includes the following things:
- Completed online-form
- Links to application videos
- Photo for the festival pass
- Appropriate application fee
Please note: Without decent quality recordings (videos) it is difficult for the professors to determine which candidates to admit to the masterclasses.
Please provide only links to YouTube videos.
Which/how many pieces are required for the masterclass selection?
Repertoire is free choice. However recordings submitted should demonstrate a high level of ability and must be un-edited live-videos. The quality of the recording device used is not a deciding factor.
About the video upload:
The videos can be uploaded to YouTube for free and set to "not listed" (please do not set to "private" because otherwise the videos can only be seen by you). Thus, the videos are not publicly visible, but only through the links that we get from you. Of course you can also send links to public videos. In the application form please enter the link to the videos.
If you have any questions about the videos, please contact our student’s office: email@example.com
Each participant gets a festival pass for the festival, which always has to be carried. It is valid as a ticket for all events (attending the master classes and concerts) and as authorization for the receipt of the lunch.
Which picture should be chosen?
Please upload a profile picture in print quality that clearly recognizes you (face, look into the camera).
In the registration form you will be asked to insert a CV. This can be with keywords and should include:
- Musical short CV
- Current university and professor
- Prizes, awards, competitions, scholarships etc.
- Participation in masterclasses in the past
Those selected as active participants must pay a further €280 (€380/Ensemble) course fee by the 30th August 2019. (Payment must be received by this date.)
Every applicant is entitled to participation in the masterclasses on a passive basis. Due to the large number of applications it is unfortunately not possible for every applicant to be accepted as an active participant.
Account holder: Cello Akademie Rutesheim
Purpose: Application master class, name of applicant
Bank: Kreissparkasse Böblingen
IBAN: DE26 6035 0130 0000 0217 97
Please note that applicable bank transfer fees will be charged at your expense.
Address for payment by Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: When paying with Paypal the respective payment amount increases by €20.*
*As you will not be able to choose to pay the fees at your expense when paying with Paypal, we charge a flat fee of €20 per booking.
All active participants are obliged to be present for the entire duration of the festival.
Arrival: 26.10.2019 | Departure: 3.11.2019
Late arrival or early departure is possible only in exceptional cases and in consultation with the student office.
The timetables are carefully designed in order to provide each student with the best possible opportunities. These timetables are binding. Alterations will only be made in exceptional circumstances and with the festival administration’s approval. All students must submit their repertoire for each lesson.
Ample practice rooms will be provided.
Please bear the following rules in mind:
- Please bring your own spike-holders to the academy.
- It is not permitted to practice without the use of a spike-holder (and carpet, where provided).
- It is also possible to practice in the teaching rooms until 1 hour before the concert begins. All buildings will close at this time.
- The festival will accept no responsibility for instruments or private property left overnight in festival buildings.
- In the interest of all students we kindly remind participants that it is not permitted to block off rooms for long periods of private practice.
Professors will select students from their classes to perform in the chamber music concert as part of the festival. Active participation does not automatically entitle students to perform in this concert.
We offer all active participants the possibility of staying with host families free of charge. Of course, this is not a mandatory requirement and upon request we are happy to help you find a hotel nearby (not included in the course fee) should you prefer.
Host families open up their homes primarily because they seek to support the international culture and the character of the Academy. We would like to remind all participants to value this generosity.
Please note however, that host families are under no obligation to provide transport, meals or other additional subsistence.
Rules regarding accommodation with host families:
- It is not permitted to invite personal guests to stay with your host family. Any requests in this regard must be made through the festival office.
- You are expected to respect the house rules of the host family.
- Visits made by students to another host-family residence require the expressed permission of the respective host family. It is forbidden to spend the night with other students at host-family residences.
Lunch will be provided in the Mensa upon presentation of the festival pass. A vegetarian menu will also be provided. Drinks and additional snacks are not included and must be paid for separately. The host parents decide for themselves whether they offer a meal or not. In the school mensa there is a kiosk, which offers snacks and drinks all day long.
All participants should endeavour to promote the atmosphere of the festival and make it a special experience for both artists and concert-goers alike. There has not been a single expulsion from the academy in 10 festival years and we really want it to stay that way.
Behaviour that could lead to expulsion from the academy includes:
- Complaints made by host families, including the refusal of a host family to accommodate a student further.
- Underage alcohol consumption on festival property.
- Damage to floors caused by the cello spike.
- Spending the night with other students at host-family residences.
In the event of expulsion from the academy, the course fee will not be refunded and the participant’s return journey will be made at his or her own expense.
The Cello Academy Rutesheim will photograph participants and make audio and video recordings throughout the duration of the festival.
By taking part in the festival, participants agree to the publication of all such recordings and photos and relinquish their copyright to the ownership of “Cello Akademie Rutesheim e.V” for promotional purposes, including but not limited to Flyers, Postcards, Website, Posters etc.
- All cancellations made before the application deadline (1st July 2019): Application fee less €75 administration charge.
- All cancellations made after the announcement of active participants (1st August 2019): Application fee less €100 administration charge.
- After the 15th September 2019 no refunds will be made on the application fee (€295, €325, €355).
- Cancellations made after the 1st October 2019 forfeit the possibility of a refund on the course fee.