Prices and information about the masterclasses 2021
General information about the master classes and registration for 2021
Due to the corona, we have reduced the number of participants this year - but doubled the teaching time per participant! And for the first time since the academy was founded, we can meet the request that lessons can be booked with several professors. The teaching week is divided. In the first half of the week there are lessons with professor 1, in the second half of the week with professor 2.
In addition, we offer a course with Denis Severin: Efficient Practice.
This course will take place in groups and participation is included in the course price.
And like every year there will be string consultations again. Information will follow.
Information on the selection process: Basically, the selection is made after receipt of the documents. If necessary, we will consult with the professors. The earlier you register, the better.
If you are unable to provide a recording, please contact us. We will find a solution.
Course fee including PASSIVE PARTICIPATION
*including €75 Administration charge.
- Private accommodation free of charge.
- 6 hours of lessons with up to 2 professors with piano accompaniment.
- The opportunity to perform in one of the two student concerts.
- Access to listen to all master classes given throughout the duration of the festival.
- Access to all concerts given throughout the duration of the festival.
1. Fill out the online-form. Do not forget to specify the links to your recordings and upload your photo.
2. Transfer the full fee immediately. Applications without receipt of payment cannot be considered.
3. Notification of admission to active participation will be sent by email timely after receipt of all documents and the course fee.
The course fee is € 1,200 and is due immediately.
Please provide only links to YouTube videos.
Which/how many pieces are required for the masterclass selection?
Repertoire is free choice. However recordings submitted should demonstrate a high level of ability and must be unedited live-videos. The quality of the recording device used is not a deciding factor.
We recommend two pieces from the following – incorporating one fast and one slow work:
- A virtuoso piece – e.g. Piatti Caprice (not including no 1) or a popper study.
- The first movement of a concerto or sonata from the standard repertoire.
- A Prelude from one of the Bach Suites for Solo Cello.
Rule of thumb: fast - slow (2 works are sufficient)
About the video upload:
The videos can be uploaded to YouTube for free and set to "unlisted" (please do not set to "private" because otherwise the videos can only be seen by you). Thus, the videos are not publicly visible, but only through the links that we get from you. Of course you can also send links to public videos. In the application form please enter the link to the videos.
If you have any questions about the videos, please contact our student’s office: email@example.com
Each participant gets a festival pass for the festival, which always has to be carried. It is valid as a ticket for all events (attending the master classes and concerts).
Which picture should be chosen?
Please upload a profile picture in print quality that clearly recognizes you (face, look into the camera).
In the registration form you will be asked to insert a CV. This can be with keywords and should include:
- Musical short CV
- Current university and professor
- Prizes, awards, competitions, scholarships etc.
- Participation in masterclasses in the past
Account holder: Cello Akademie Rutesheim
Purpose: Application master class, name of applicant
Bank: Kreissparkasse Böblingen
IBAN: DE26 6035 0130 0000 0217 97
Please note that applicable bank transfer fees will be charged at your expense.
This year we do not offer payment of course fees via Payapal by default.
If a bank transfer is not possible, please contact our student office, we will find a solution: firstname.lastname@example.org
All active participants are obliged to be present for the entire duration of the festival.
Arrival: 30.10.2021 | Departure: 7.11.2021
Late arrival or early departure is possible only in exceptional cases and in consultation with the student office.
The timetables are carefully designed in order to provide each student with the best possible opportunities. These timetables are binding. Alterations will only be made in exceptional circumstances and with the festival administration’s approval. All students must submit their repertoire for each lesson.
Ample practice rooms will be provided.
Please bear the following rules in mind:
- Please bring your own spike-holders to the academy.
- It is not permitted to practice without the use of a spike-holder (and carpet, where provided).
- It is also possible to practice in the teaching rooms until 1 hour before the concert begins. All buildings will close at this time.
- The festival will accept no responsibility for instruments or private property left overnight in festival buildings.
- In the interest of all students we kindly remind participants that it is not permitted to block off rooms for long periods of private practice.
Professors will select students from their classes to perform in the chamber music concert as part of the festival. Active participation does not automatically entitle students to perform in this concert.
The final concert provides the best students from the academy with the chance to perform with other participants and the professors. Professors will select students from their classes to perform in the final concert as part of the festival. Active participation does not automatically entitle students to perform in this concert.
We offer all active participants the possibility of staying with host families free of charge. Of course, this is not a mandatory requirement and upon request we are happy to help you find a hotel nearby (not included in the course fee) should you prefer.
Host families open up their homes primarily because they seek to support the international culture and the character of the Academy. We would like to remind all participants to value this generosity.
Please note however, that host families are under no obligation to provide transport, meals or other additional subsistence.
Rules regarding accommodation with host families:
- It is not permitted to invite personal guests to stay with your host family. Any requests in this regard must be made through the festival office.
- You are expected to respect the house rules of the host family.
- Visits made by students to another host-family residence require the expressed permission of the respective host family. It is forbidden to spend the night with other students at host-family residences.
Daily lunch is not included in the course fee. However, it is possible that we can offer a fee-based lunch in the cafeteria (probably € 7 / meal). The participants are responsible for their own meals. The host parents decide for themselves whether they offer a meal or not. In the school mensa there is a kiosk, which offers snacks and drinks all day long.
All participants should endeavour to promote the atmosphere of the festival and make it a special experience for both artists and concert-goers alike. There has not been a single expulsion from the academy in 11 festival years and we really want it to stay that way.
Behaviour that could lead to expulsion from the academy includes:
- Complaints made by host families, including the refusal of a host family to accommodate a student further.
- Underage alcohol consumption on festival property.
- Damage to floors caused by the cello spike.
- Spending the night with other students at host-family residences.
In the event of expulsion from the academy, the course fee will not be refunded and the participant’s return journey will be made at his or her own expense.
The Cello Academy Rutesheim will photograph participants and make audio and video recordings throughout the duration of the festival.
By taking part in the festival, participants agree to the publication of all such recordings and photos and relinquish their copyright to the ownership of “Cello Akademie Rutesheim e.V” for promotional purposes, including but not limited to Flyers, Postcards, Website, Posters etc.
- Reimbursement of the entire course fee minus administration charge of € 75 if no space can be allocated for active participation.
- Reimbursement of the entire course fee minus administration charge of € 150 if participation is cancelled and a replacement can be provided from the waiting list.
No reimbursement of course fees if participation is cancelled and no replacement can be provided from the waiting list.
The request for a refund in the event of non-participation must be sent by email by the end of the festival (November 7th, 2021). Otherwise the right to a refund will be forfeited.