Please note: This course is no longer offered as a separate course, but the individual master class hours can be arranged as described here by arrangement:
What To Expect
- 6 hours individual lessons and audition with Jakob Spahn (or 3 hours with one of the other professors and 3 hours with Jakob Spahn)
- Attending the course "efficient practice" with Denis Severin (group lesson)
- Piano accompaniment throughout the whole course
- Access to listen to all master classes during the festival
- Access to all concerts given throughout the duration of festival
- Personal string consultations with product developers from various string manufacturers
- Private accommodation
This course is aimed at all cello students who want to prepare intensively for an audition. The audition for inclusion in an orchestra is a very special situation, which can not be simulated at home. This intensive course offers various possibilities, which can be individually discussed: individual lessons with Jakob Spahn, audition under realistic conditions and constructive personal debriefing.
Jakob Spahn can still remember the auditions, which preceded his current position as principal cellist of the Bavarian State Opera. He regularly holds audition courses, e.g. for the Bavarian State Orchestra and the orchestra Center NRW.
We offer the course for audition training with Jakob Spahn as part of this year's masterclasses. The process can be discussed individually (foreplay, debriefing, master class).
Tutor of the audition training
1. Solo-cellist of the Bavarian State Opera in Munich
As a chamber musician he has performed with renowned artists such as Leonidas Kavakos, Heinz Holliger, Mitsuko Uchida and Lang Lang. Jakob Spahn also worked as a fellow of the "Karajan Academy" of the Berlin Philharmonic. He is 1. Solo cellist of the Bavarian State Opera in Munich. He teaches as a professor at the Nuremberg University of Music.
Accompanist audition training
University of Arts Berlin (UdK)
Daria Tudor started playing the piano in her home country, Romania. She was already awarded in many competitions before 2015, when she came to study with Prof. Pascal Devoyon and Rikako Murata at the University of Arts Berlin.
She is working, since 2016, as a tutor for song piano accompaniment at the University of Arts Berlin. At the same time, since 2016, she took part in some important festivals as: Kissinger Sommer, Mozartfest Würzburg and Berliner Crescendo Festival.
She is very active also as a chamber music partner, playing regularly with former students of the Cello Academy Rutesheim.