Please note: This course is no longer offered as a separate course, but the individual master class hours can be arranged as described here by arrangement:
What To Expect
- 6 hours individual lessons and audition with Jakob Spahn (or 3 hours with one of the other professors and 3 hours with Jakob Spahn)
- Attending the course "efficient practice" with Denis Severin (group lesson)
- Piano accompaniment throughout the whole course
- Access to listen to all master classes during the festival
- Access to all concerts given throughout the duration of festival
- Personal string consultations with product developers from various string manufacturers
- Private accommodation
This course is aimed at all cello students who want to prepare intensively for an audition. The audition for inclusion in an orchestra is a very special situation, which can not be simulated at home. This intensive course offers various possibilities, which can be individually discussed: individual lessons with Jakob Spahn, audition under realistic conditions and constructive personal debriefing.
Jakob Spahn can still remember the auditions, which preceded his current position as principal cellist of the Bavarian State Opera. He regularly holds audition courses, e.g. for the Bavarian State Orchestra and the orchestra Center NRW.
We offer the course for audition training with Jakob Spahn as part of this year's masterclasses. The process can be discussed individually (foreplay, debriefing, master class).
Tutor of the audition training
1. Solo-cellist of the Bavarian State Opera in Munich
As a chamber musician he has performed with renowned artists such as Leonidas Kavakos, Heinz Holliger, Mitsuko Uchida and Lang Lang. Jakob Spahn also worked as a fellow of the "Karajan Academy" of the Berlin Philharmonic. He is 1. Solo cellist of the Bavarian State Opera in Munich. He teaches as a professor at the Nuremberg University of Music.
Accompanist audition training
University of Music Nuremberg
Born in Brussels to an Italian father and a German mother, Dunja Robotti began her Piano studies at the Brussels Conservatory. She finished at the UdK in Berlin under the tutelage of Hans Leygraf and Georg Sava, also attending courses in Lied interpretation.
For several years Dunja Robotti was a collaborative pianist for the cello classes at the UdK before becoming head collaborative pianist for strings at the Nuremberg University of Music in 2009.
2016 she was given a charge professorship. She is also leading the course „Master Korrepetition Instrumental“. Her services as Piano Partner are in great demand.